Cheesecake Filled Protein Banana Bread
I know .... we're sick of boring banana bread too, but we just had to show you that it can be more exciting.
And with 10g protein per slice its perfect for breakfast, pre workout, post workout or even dessert.
So hear us out and give it a go...
For the banana bread:
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 120ml sugar free maple syrup. ( we used skinny food co, but my protein and bulk powder also do one)
- 40g coconut oil (melted in microwave)
- 125g plain flour
- 2 scoops whey protein (vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 egg
- 100g softened low-fat cream cheese
- 50ml sugar free maple syrup
- 1 scoop whey protein.
• Spray some low cal cooking spray or margarine the inside of a 9 x 5 loaf tin and set aside.
- First preheat the oven to 180C.
- Now, make the banana bread batter. Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add in the egg, Syrup, and coconut oil into the mixture and stir.
- next add the flour, Protein and baking powder and mix until well-combined (there might be some lumps but thats ok).
- Now make the cream cheese filling in a separate bowl. Add the egg, low-fat cream cheese, syrup, and protein and stir.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf tin. Pour the cream cheese filling evenly over the banana batter. Pour the rest of the banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the bread!
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf tin.
- Slice into 10 slices and enjoy!
Macros Per slice
Cals - 156
Fat - 6g
Protein - 10g
Carbs - 16g.